First Days in the Mission

First Days in the Mission
Elder Colby Kipp with President and Sister Campbell

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

¡Aquí Estamos!

What a crazy great week. President Campbell left on Saturday. We now have President Manion. He is from Texas and we are really excited to meet him this Thursday, We are also excited to council with him on Saturday at Mission Leadership council. Missionary work is really picking up in all areas of the world and it is so great to be a part of it. I feel so blessed that the Lord trusts all of us with this work. I learn more and more every day how much we, along with our Heavenly Father, are involved. The Spirit guides us and we are privileged to have his companionship so prevalently in this work.
We were on two exchanges with our district leaders this week. Elder Laceste is from the Philippines but he moved to Vancouver a while ago. He is so fun to work with. We had some cool experiences tracting, just getting out and talking to people. He has a great ability to just bear his testimony with everyone, no matter the situation. I learned a lot from him. I then traveled to Innisfail which is about 30 minutes away. Elder Marsh is a great missionary that is heavily involved in the work. We celebrated his birthday on the exchange.  hehe You will get a kick out of this. I was thinking in the morning, what should I make for him for breakfast? So I made pancakes, and I looked everywhere for candles, couldn't find any. So I grabbed a q-tip and a stuck it in the pancakes. He got a kick out of it. Q-tips really work well. We have such amazing elders and sisters in the Zone!
I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on Sunday. It was on member missionary work and the desire that grows as we do it more. Our ward mission leader Bro Swainson and a ward missionary Sis. Tucker both spoke with me. It was a great meeting. The Spirit really testified to us that the work is being hastened, so we need to hasten what we are doing. I think it helped because we got a phone call from a member today telling us that she has friends that want to meet with us. We are excited.
I have been been studying and practicing prayer a lot lately and it has really brought me peace. Whenever I am having a tough day, I pray until I feel better. It really is the coolest. I urge anyone that is having a hard time to get on their knees. You never stand taller that when you are on your knees.
I am living it up here in beautiful Red Deer. I love life and I love sharing this time with the Lord.
Que Dios les cuide y bendiga.
Mucho Amor,
Elder Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment