First Days in the Mission

First Days in the Mission
Elder Colby Kipp with President and Sister Campbell

Monday, July 29, 2013

Last One!

Hola mi familia y amigos,

So as I come close to the end of my mission and my last week as a missionary, I am happy to say that I am happy with my performance. The Lord has helped me and shaped me into the servant that He wanted. I have loved being a zone leader at the end and training the missionaries. It has been such a great blessing the get to know them and I am happy that a lot of leadership came from our zone this transfer. I have taught, I have testified, I have served, I have prayed really hard, and I have done what the Lord wanted me to do. I go home with a heart full of joy and a testimony ready to share at my side. I am so excited to go home and be a fantastic member missionary. This is not the end, there is more to come from this guy.

I have come to love the Latin people. Learning their language and eating their food (he he) has made me appreciate so much more the culture. I know how you feel dad. But I love the people I have been able to meet and they will forever be written on my heart. As I move on to a new time in my life and new challenges come my way, I leave those that I have come to love. I will never forget them, but I move on because the Lord needs me in other places. I am so happy that I now have the determination to serve all my life and remain faithful to the things I have learned as a missionary. I will continue on and always be grateful for the experiences I have had here. This time and place is now holy ground for me.

I would like the world to understand my testimony, so I leave with it. I know this work is true and brings the most happiness. Heavenly Father lives and loves me. Jesus Christ is my Savior and I love the relationship that we have. I love the feelings of the Spirit and credit my testimony to Him. Joseph Smith was a prophet and he really did see our Father and His Son. I know he translated the Book of Mormon, and it is the definite word of God. Living the Gospel is the straight and narrow path, and we will find God on it. True happiness comes from that.

Esoty feliz, estoy contento, y estoy bendicido.

Mucho Amor,
Elder Kipp

No comments:

Post a Comment